“Create portable version” in AOMEI Backupper is a useful tool to copy the AOMEI Backupper and its installation directory to a removable device so that you can directly run the program from the removable device without installation. This feature is especially convenient for IT maintenance and support engineers.
How to create portable version with AOMEI Backupper?
1. Click "Tools" in the left tab, and then select the "Create Portable Version" tool in "Common Tools".
2. Select a target location to create the portable version. A removable device is recommended. When a removable device is inserted, it will be displayed as a removable device by default in the select target location input box.
You can directly edit the target location input box, or click the "Browse" button to pop up the computer resource manager window. After the selection is completed, it will be displayed in the target location input box.
After selecting the target location, click "Start Creation" in the lower right corner of the page to enter the process page of creating a portable version, which will display the progress and process information of creating the portable version. You can also click the "Cancel" button to cancel the creation.
3. The creation of portable version will be finished soon. Please click the “Finish” button to complete the process.
About Portable Version Registration Tool
Once the portable version is created successfully, a registration tool will be generated in the portable version AOMEI Backupper directory, named Register.exe.
There will be a pop-up window if you run the exe.
Click "Register" and the portable version will become registered; click "Unregister" and the portable version will become unregistered.
After running, it is recommended to click "Unregister" to clear the registration information, so as to protect your registration information from being leaked.
- The tool is only available in AOMEI Backupper Technician and Technician Plus version.
- The tool does not currently support creation on a network path.
- The tool does not currently support creation on the CD-ROM drive.
- When AOMEI Backupper is running, the portable version cannot run at the same time.